This post contains affiliate links and if you purchase using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. Thank you for supporting Pages and Pekoe!
Happy New Year, folks! I love a good goals post so here I am with mine! New year, new me … and all that. Just kidding, I’m going to be the same asshole in 2019 that I always have been, don’t you worry! If you want to have a giggle, take a look and my reading goals post for 2018 and you’ll see how far I’ve come graphics wise alone!
I learned a long time ago that I’m not a resolutions kind of girl. I don’t like to lock myself into anything. Goals sounds like a much friendlier and more gentle word. Semantics? Maybe. I never claimed to make sense!
Let’s get into these goals, shall we?
- Complete 2019 Goodreads Challenge (40 books) – Since I didn’t make it this year, I’m keeping the same goal for 2019 in the hopes that I’ll be even more motivated. 40 is definitely a reasonable number.
- PopSugar and Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenges. I’ll probably dabble in others but I really want to finish these two.
- Be more diligent in keeping track of ARCs, review requests, etc.
- Keep a more organized reading journal.
- Give annotating a try!
- Create a more organized social media posting schedule.
- Pre-schedule posts and actually make use of the editorial calendar! Stop posting on the fly and have a plan, dammit!
- Grow Instagram followers to 1500
- Grow Pinterest followers to 500
Finallyfinish Elite Blog Academy!! I always see improvements when I work on it so I need to complete it!
- Improve my photography. I recently took the Create, Capture,
Conquer courseon better phone photography from Ivory Mix. It has been a game changer and has taught me how to actually make use of my phone camera resulting in better photos. I want to continue to use the things I learned and I may even go through it again!
- Be more involved in the bookish community and make more bloggy friends!
There are lots of other things I know that I’ll think of along the way so it may be a good idea for me to do monthly goals posts throughout the year. I’ll have a post coming up very soon with a reader questionnaire so that I can better tailor my content to what you’d like to see!
For now, my hope is that you had a safe and happy New Year’s Eve and I wish you and yours all the very best in 2019. Cheers to good books, good drinks, and good friends!